Do you feel like your home leaves a bit to be desired in the character department? Maybe you just purchased a newly constructed home with builder-grade finishes. Or perhaps your home was built during a time not known for charm or architectural details. Luckily, no matter how plain-Jane or cookie-cutter you your think yours might be, you can transform your home into high style with some low cost upgrades.
- Add textural interest to any interior space with wainscoting. Available in a variety of styles, inexpensive, and fairly simple to install, wainscoting can add a classic, rustic, or eclectic element to any room.
- Use wood beams to add an earthy element to a room. Used in both traditional and modern design, wood beams can be used to accent a ceiling, fireplace, or even act as shelving to display collectables or dishes in a kitchen.
- Who says doors have to be boring? From barn doors to Dutch doors and everything in between, swapping out a standard door with something more interesting will quickly add character and charm.
- Gone are the days of grandma’s wood paneling. Today, wood paneling comes in a variety of styles and finishes, allowing you to create a one-of-a-kind space. Opt for a whitewashed finished in a sunroom for a beachy cottage feel, dark mahogany for a study, or horizontal planks for a modern twist.
- Bring a traditionally outdoor element (slate, that is) Place irregularly shaped slate on your entryway, kitchen, mudroom, or laundry room floors for a time-tested, durable, and stylish look.
- Wash away the worries of the day in a luxurious free-standing tub. From elegant claw-foot to a more sleek, modern design, free-standing tubs have timeless appeal that will not only improve your bubble bath experience, but add value to your home.
You know what else adds value to your home? Well-maintained heating and cooling systems. And yet, even if you have no plans to sell your home, it’s still a good idea to have your home comfort system professionally cleaned and inspected once a year. And right now, just like always, Absolute Air is volunteering to do the job for you. Give us a call, especially if it’s been a year or long since either of your systems was last maintained.