If you still have a fuse box or 100-amp circuit breaker, you might be a candidate for an electrical system upgrade. What’s the logical next step? A 200-amp circuit breaker panel, one that can provide all the power most families need to run all of their high end electrical systems and electronics.
Here are some specifics to help you determine if now is the right time for you:
- 100-amp service generally is not an adequate power supply for home with electric heat and central air conditioning.
- Older circuits eventually lose their ability to protect themselves during an electrical overload, thus increasing the risk of an electrical fire.
- Older, under-powered systems often don’t allow you to run multiple electrical systems or electronic gear at the same time.
- When you have too little power, you experience frequent blow fuse and tripped circuit episodes.
- It’s also time for an upgraded electrical panel when damage occurs to sensitive electronics like computers or you start experiencing frequent brownouts.
Conversely, upgrading to 200-amp service offers you these fundamental advantages:
- The ability to run more electrical equipment, and more powerful equipment, at the same time.
- Added home and personal safety.
- Increased protection for your electronic equipment, including appliances and home comfort (heating and cooling) systems.
- Increased home resale value.
If you’re concerned about the state of your home electrical system or the amount of power it provides, contact Absolute Air today for a free and no-obligation assessment of your home power needs and, at your request, a new system quote.