Okay, so this is year you take the big step, and replace your aging AC system that barely wheezed and sputtered its way through last year’s intense heat.
And yet, it’s been roughly 15 years since you bought the last one, and now you feel a little out of touch and aren’t quite sure where to begin.
First and foremost, you want to team up with a professional AC company you feel absolutely comfortable with and one that brings at least this much to the table:
- Proven experience and capabilities
- A history of customer satisfaction
- Design and installation capabilities
- Offers you multiple new system options so you can compare features, benefits, and costs
- Services and repairs what they sell
- Has all the requisite licenses and insurance coverages
- Provides service where you live
That’s 90% of the battle right there. Still, by doing a little advance homework, you’re bound to ask better questions and make better decisions, and here’s a good starting point:
- You don’t want an over-sized or under-sized system, which is why pre-installation design prowess and experience are so important. A right-sized system will last longer and help keep your energy costs to a minimum.
- You should also ask your contractor about upgrading to a variable speed system to save even more money on your energy bills. A system with a variable speed fan runs continuously, thus eliminating frequent and costly on-and-off cycling that you probably experience now with your single-speed system.
- If you or any family members suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory ailments, your contractor needs to know that so they can recommend more or more clean air add-ons to your system, including a whole-house air purifier and a whole-house humidity control system.
- This may seem like a small point, but you can’t believe how big and important it can potentially be: ideally, you want a system with a “check filter” light to remind you that it’s time to clean or replace your filter. If you follow your system’s advice, you’ll be doing good things for the quality of your indoor air, the overall health of your AC system and, once again, helping to keep your AC-related energy costs to a minimum.
Here in Rockwall, Terrell, and throughout the East Dallas area, Absolute Air is a contractor more and more home owners rely on for great advice, great service, and straight answers to all their questions. Starting today, you can do the same, and all you have to do is call to get the process started.